What are the security inspection equipment and security inspection methods used at the airport?
The purpose of airport security is to prevent passengers from taking guns, military or police weapons and their imitations, explosives, controlled knives, flammable and explosive materials, corrosive materials, poisons, radioactive materials, and other items that endanger flight safety. Bring onboard the aircraft through personal, hand-carried luggage, checked luggage, or checked cargo.
The basic process for personal security inspection:
1. Put the coat (if it affects the personal inspection) alone in the security inspection tray, and put the metal products (keys, watches, mobile phones) on the body in the security inspection tray;
2. People go through the metal security gate;
3. If the alarm is reported, the security personnel will use a hand-held metal detector to conduct a manual review.
• US airports and some airports in the European Union have begun to use body scanners. Currently, millimeter-wave body scanners and backscatter body scanners are mainly used.
• In some airports, passengers need to take off their shoes and go through the security gates. The shoes are checked by X-ray security devices alone. There are also X-ray security devices that scan shoes.
• The increase in the level of security inspection is usually related to international incidents and major security incidents.
The basic process for carry-on baggage security inspection:
1. Most airports require that the computer (if any) in the bag be taken out, placed in a security inspection tray separately, and passed through an X-ray security inspection device;
2. Take out the separate sealed bag (if any) of the liquid and accept the bottle opening inspection. Domestic airports are forbidden to carry liquids, and a small amount of cosmetics for personal use during travel and the container volume shall not exceed 100 ml;
3. Pass the X-ray security device with your hand luggage;
4. If there is suspicion, the security inspector will re-pass the luggage through the X-ray machine, or manually open the box for inspection;
5. If suspicious objects are found, professionally dispose of them.
• Some foreign airports use (try) CT/AT carry-on baggage inspection equipment, which can achieve more accurate inspection and automatic alarm.
• There is special liquid inspection equipment for liquids. At present, there are liquid inspection equipment based on microwave technology, Raman spectroscopy technology, and X-ray technology in the market.
• In the case of a relatively high level of security, the "wiping test paper" method will be used to detect traces of explosives on people or carrying packages.
• You can also use radioactive substance detection equipment to detect radioactive substances carried by people or luggage.
The basic procedures for the security check of checked baggage:
1. Passengers hand in checked baggage at the check-in gate;
2. Checked baggage security screening is divided into front-end security screening and remote security screening. At present, large airports use remote security screening. For example, Capital Airport T3 adopts level 5 security screening method (if you are interested, please search for relevant information by yourself);
3. If there is a problem with the checked baggage, you need to contact the passenger before boarding the plane. my country stipulates that the unpacking inspection must be carried out when the passenger is present.
Summarize the security inspection technology involved here:
• Technologies commonly used for personal security inspections: X-Ray, metal detection, millimeter wave, trace detection, backscatter
• Technologies commonly used for carry-on baggage screening: X-Ray, CT technology, trace detection, Raman spectroscopy
• Technologies usually used for checked baggage inspection: X-Ray, CT technology, AT technology (dual-energy multi-view), trace detection
• Technology used for radioactive inspection: radioactive material monitoring technology
• Auxiliary technology: video surveillance, face recognition
What are the security inspection equipment and security inspection methods used at the airport?-Safeagle